Events & Trainings
UPCOMING 2017-2018 WELLNESS EVENTS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS
- Self-Healing for Cancer Patients, Survivors and their Families
- Applied Integrative Medicine Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Healing Pathways: Integrative Training for the Healthcare Professional
- Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Integrative Ayurveda Training for Health Professionals and Wellness Educators
- Two of our team members will be presenting at the 27th Annual University System of Maryland Women's Forum Conference on October 20, 2017.
- Many of our faculty will be presenting at the 2018 International Congress on Integrative Medicine & Health - May 8-11, 2018 in Baltimore.
Please check back as more events are scheduled!
Selected Past Events
Self-Healing Retreat for Cancer Paitients, Survivors and their Families
A week-long retreat that teaches targeted, evidence-supported self-healing techniques designed to enhance your recovery and develop a positive and confident attitude about your life journey.
Retreat Leader: Kevin Chen, PhD, MPH
Next session: May 13-19, 2018
Learn more here.
An evidence-based course for physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals to give them hands-on knowledge of Integrative Medicine modalities. Participants will not only learn about commonly used complementary therapies, but will be trained to use some in their own practice. Topics covered include mind-body medicine, nutrition, manual medicine, and much more. Continuing education/CE contact hours will be available for many healthcare professionals.
Course Leader: Delia Chiaramonte, MD
Next session starts September 2018.
Learn more here.
An 8-week class for nurses and other health professionals to teach self-resilience and stress relief, as well as other healing tools that can be used at home and in the work place. CNEs are available for nurses.
Instructor: Bonnie Tarantino, MFA
Next session: April 11 - May 30, 2018
Learn more here.
This unique training gives special attention to the health benefits of yoga while providing a thorough explanation of postures, yoga philosophy, meditation, toning and chanting. In addition, current research in the medical field is included in the course material, showing the current trends in the field of healing yoga.
Instructors: Kelli Bethel, PT, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500 and Bonnie Tarantino, MFA, E-RYT 200
- Yoga Teacher Training FAQs
- 200-hour Certification Program
- Therapeutic Yoga Certification for the Licensed Health Care Provider
Presented by: Institute of Integrative Ayurveda Medical Education
- Integrative Ayurveda Training for Health
A 66-hour course to develop practical skills for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease through a comprehensive modern formulation of the ancient science of Ayurveda. Continuing education credits for physicians, nurses, chiropractors, naturopaths, and acupuncturists.
- Ayurveda Wellness Educator Training
This 56-hour online certificate program with optional live weekend models trains you to apply Ayurvedic knowledge to advise others in developing a personalized approach to health and wellness – or just to enhance your own knowledge-base.
Learn more about these two trainings here.
Our Health & Wellness Conference is a unique opportunity for both health professionals and those interested in better health to “explore, experience, and engage” in wellness and learn the latest in Integrative Medicine from experts in the field. Continuing education credits are offered for many disciplines.
Learn more about our Health & Wellness Conferences here.