Applied Integrative Medicine Training
According to a 2012 National Institutes of Health survey, one-third of US adults use complementary and integrative therapies as part of their health care. As a health care professional, you know the importance of effective communication with your patients, especially when it comes to their care. You are an expert in health, but do you fully understand the growing field of Integrative Medicine?
The Center for Integrative Medicine, part of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, has developed an evidence-based training program designed to give health care professionals not just the fundamentals of Integrative Medicine, but hands-on experience and real-life applications that can be immediately applied to their practice.
Objectives – After completing the program, participants will be able to:
• Apply integrative medicine approaches in patient care.
• Describe the evidence and indications for complementary therapeutic approaches, such as acupuncture, mind-body therapies, manual medicine, neurofeedback, and others.
• Demonstrate mind-body techniques, such as meditation and diaphragmatic breathing.
• Teach positive psychology interventions to patients when appropriate.
• Critically evaluate integrative medicine literature.
Read more on the AIM Outline.
The training curriculum includes in-depth knowledge of:
• Fundamentals of Integrative Medicine
• Mind-Body Skills
• Food As Medicine and Gut Health
• Manual Medicine & Aromatherapy
This course is ideal for:
• Physicians & D.O.
• Physician’s Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
• Social workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Massage Therapists
• Yoga Teachers
**Continuing Education/CE contact hours will be available for many of these professions.**
This activity has been submitted to the American Holistic Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The American Holistic Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NOTE: A written disclosure form will be provided to all learners at the beginning of the program.
4 In-Person Intensives
- October 22-24, 2018
- November 5-7, 2018
- March 4-6, 2019
- April 29-May 1, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Plus Online Weekly Engagements
- Early Bird (until July 15): $3,900
- UMMS/UMB: $4,200
- Non-UMMS: $4,500
**Check with your organization or department to see if you are eligible for sponsorship or tuition reimbursement. This program is not eligible for Univeristy of Maryland employee tuition remission, but many of our participants are attending with funds given by their employers.**
This course is led by the Center for Integrative Medicine and other experts in the field of Integrative Medicine.
Christine Barnabic, MS, RYT 200, Reiki Master - Education Program Management Specialist, Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine