Applied Integrative Medicine Training
According to a 2012 National Institutes of Health survey, one-third of US adults use complementary and integrative therapies as part of their health care. As a health care professional, you know the importance of effective communication with your patients, especially when it comes to their care. You are an expert in health, but do you fully understand the growing field of Integrative Medicine?
The Center for Integrative Medicine, part of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, has developed an evidence-based training program designed to give health care professionals not just the fundamentals of Integrative Medicine, but hands-on experience and real-life applications that can be immediately applied to their practice.
Objectives – After completing the program, participants will be able to:
• Apply integrative medicine approaches in patient care.
• Describe the evidence and indications for complementary therapeutic approaches, such as acupuncture, mind-body therapies, manual medicine, neurofeedback, and others.
• Demonstrate mind-body techniques, such as mediation and diaphragmatic breathing.
• Teach positive psychology interventions to patients when appropriate.
• Critically evaluate integrative medicine literature.
The training curriculum includes in-depth knowledge of:
• Fundamentals of Integrative Medicine
• Mind-Body Skills
• Food As Medicine and Gut Health
• Manual Medicine & Aromatherapy
• Advanced Topics
This course is ideal for:
• Physicians & D.O.
• Physician’s Assistant & Nurse Practitioners
• Social workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Massage Therapists
• Yoga Teachers
**Continuing Education Credits will be available for many of these professions.**
Dates & Fees
Please email us at CIMEvents@som.umaryland.edu for inforamtion on dates and fees.
Delia Chiaramonte, MD - Dr. Chiaramonte is an Assistant Professor of Family & Community Medicine and Associate Director and Director of Education at the Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, is board certified in Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Care, and is certified by the American Board of Holistic and Integrative Medicine.
Michelle Peralta - Education Coordinator, Center for Integrative Medicine at the Univesrity of Maryland School of Medicine